Terms and Policies
By using this site you are agreeing to the terms, policies and conditions stated below.
A cookie is a small data file consisting of letters and numbers, it is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website.
Cookies are used on this site to add functionality and to count the number of people visiting this site. They store information about visitor preferences, record information about site pages a visitor accesses and personalize or customize web page content based upon visitors' browser type or other information that the visitor sends via their browser.
Advertising and affiliate links are shown on this site and are used as a source of income. Clicking on advertsing links will not cost you any extra money. Some content may also be used to promote products, services, or other businesses. As an honestly run blog I do not get paid to review any products. Any opinions that I may happen to express about a product or service are my own personal thoughts which are written and edited by me.
Privacy and Data Policy
- Collection and use of your data
Your information is confidential. When you subscribe to the mailing list (via the online form) your name and email address will be used for the purpose it was collected for or for related purposes. When you subscribe your name and email address will therefore be used to periodically send you updated information about this site or to send promotional emails about products, special offers or other information which An Occasional Blog thinks you may find interesting.
There will be an option to unsubscribe in each communication that is sent out to you. When you unsubscribe your personal details will be deleted from the database. Your information will not be passed on to third parties and will only be disclosed if legally required to do so.
Sensitive data (such as race, ethnic origins, sexual orientation, religion or political views) is not collected.
- Log Files
Like many other web sites, this site makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Care is taken to protect your personal information using password protection. This site uses SSL (secure socket layer) which ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
- Data retention
Your personal data is only retained for as long as required to fulfill the purposes that it was collected it for and to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that is held about you. You also have the right to request that your personal information is amended or deleted. If you would like a copy of your personal information or to request that your information is deleted then please get in contact by using the Unsubscribe form.
- Changes to these policies
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to this site's visitors based upon their visit to anoccasionalblog.com and other sites on the Internet.
anoccasionalblog.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
The terms “I” and “An Occasional Blog” are interchangeable.
The term “you” refers to you the viewer or user of this website.
- By accessing and using this site or by placing an order you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of An Occasional Blog. Please do not use this website if you do not wish to agree with or be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You must be 18 years old or over to place any orders on this site.
- Third Party policies and activities
- I cannot be held responsible for content which is taken from this blog and then republished on another blog or website without my express permission in writing.
- Comment Terms and Conditions
This is a "happy place," so where you are invited to make comments, please share your positive thoughts. Comments will be reviewed and may be subject to moderation before being published. Only those comments meeting the “happy, positive and celebratory” theme of An Occasional Blog will be published. By choosing to comment you accept full responsibility for the comment that you submit. Defamatory, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate comments will not be published. During busy periods only the first 10 approved comments received will be published.
- Reasonable care is taken to ensure that website content is accurate but I make no guarantee that the website is free from errors.
- The content / information in this website is an expression of my opinions and interpretations. It is not the intention for any information or content provided to be constituted as legal advice. You use the information at your own risk and I cannot accept liability if things go wrong. You acknowledge that information may contain inaccuracies or errors and as such I expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- I value and respect my readers and would never engage in any unethical activity.
- This website content has been created by and remains the property of An Occasional Blog and is protected by copyright law. Reproduction of any part, in any form, without prior express written permission may render the offender(s) liable to civil proceedings and criminal penalties
I make no guarantee that the website and the server(s) which make it available are free from viruses.
I do not claim that the website will operate without interruption.
I shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of this website.
I reserve the right to temporarily or permanently withdraw any part of this website without prior notification.
Information herein is subject to change without notice. E. &.O.E
This website enables you to purchase products and services provided by different merchants.
I am not responsible for the quality, reliability, timeliness of delivery, or any other aspect of those products and services.
If you make a purchase from a merchant on their website (by clicking on an advert or link from this site) the merchant may collect information from you.
These merchants will have their own policies, terms and conditions that are different to the ones that are in this website. Please visit the respective merchant websites to see their policies, terms and conditions or contact the merchant directly.
"Thank you" for your support which is much appreciated.
Last updated: July 5th, 2018